A Template for Contacting Your Senator – We have a moral imperative to be the voice of Reason – Please study the content of this message, then CALL YOUR SENATOR AND URGE HIM OR HER TO VOTE NO TO COS!
I’m writing to ask that you refuse to support any legislation calling for an Article V “Convention of States”. Here’s why:
1. Those pushing for an Article V convention have misled people who don’t know:
- that our Constitution already limits the federal government to a small handful of powers & our problems are caused by ignoring the existing constitutional limits on federal power and federal spending;
- how we got from our first Constitution (the Articles of Confederation) to our second Constitution (the one we now have);
- that to get a third Constitution, a convention is needed;
- that Delegates to an Art. V convention can’t be controlled and have the power, recognized in our Declaration of Independence, to throw off the Constitution we have and draft [and impose] a third Constitution which creates a new system of government;
- that new Constitutions are already drafted and waiting for an Article V convention;
- that an Article V convention is so dangerous that James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, four US Supreme Court Justices (two Conservatives & two Liberals), among other Brilliant People, warned against it; and
- that we could get any amendments we want by having Congress propose them (this is how our existing 27 amendments were obtained).
2. As the Rescission flyer shows, it is the globalists who are financing the push for an Article V convention. They use “hooks” – proposed amendments which sound so nice, such as term limits, getting money out of politics, limiting the power of the federal government, a balanced budget amendment, etc. – but it’s bait designed to appeal to specific groups of people to get them to support an Article V convention.
As the Brilliant Men quoted on the Flyer saw, Delegates to a convention can’t be controlled!
The globalists need a new Constitution to transform us from a sovereign nation to a member state of the North American Union and they need a convention to get that new Constitution. THIS FIGHT IS NOT BETWEEN REPUBLICANS & DEMOCRATS – BETWEEN CONSERVATIVES & LIBERALS. This fight is between the Globalists and those of us who want to maintain our existing Constitution and national sovereignty.
For the Love of God, our Country, and our Posterity, please read the flyers, get informed, and oppose all new applications for Congress to call a convention.
3. And please RESCIND all of Michigan’s existing applications for Congress to call a convention. Some of them are over 100 years old! And please don’t think that Delegates to a convention can be limited by the ostensible subject matter [the “hook”] of an application. Once Congress “calls” the convention, the Delegates can do whatever they want…..
The Declaration of Independence, paragraph 2, expresses the right of the people (i.e. convention Delegates) “to alter or to abolish” our “Form of Government.” Michigan legislators need to know that the subject of the amendment doesn’t matter; it’s the Article V convention process that jeopardizes our Constitution!
HERE and attached is our State flyer which explains the dangers of an A5C.
HERE and attached are words from brilliant men who warned against an A5C.
Legislators in Michigan have been assured by COSP that legislators will control convention Delegates and set the convention rules. But this isn’t true!
Article V provides that when 2/3 of the state legislatures apply for it, Congress calls a convention. At that point, any convention called under Article V will be out of the State Legislators’ hands.
This CHART shows WHO has the power to do WHAT under Article V.
This ARTICLE shows why States can’t control the Delegates or prevent a runaway convention.
PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR A “CONVENTION OF STATES”! THANK YOU!